Guduchi: Immunity Enhancer
Guduchi comes under a significant category of Ayurvedic herbs which are known for their rejuvenating properties. This herb is believed to be very beneficial for the healthy functioning of the immune system.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 800mg Guduchi Stem (Tinospora Cardifolia). See label for more details.
It helps in balancing Pitta (for soothing effect), Vata (for relaxation) and Kapha ( for rejuvenation).
||Fresh and dried stem
Besides being an excellent immunity enhancer, Guduchi has a number of other benefits,
- Supports the regeneration of protective leucocytes and helps in building up immunity*
- Beneficial in rejuvenation and at the same time it helps in detoxification*
- Helps to boost the functioning of macrophages and improves resistance*
- Aids to inhibit growth of bacteria*
- Good diuretic and plays a supporting role in reducing blood urea*
No side effects have been reported.
More Interesting Info
Studies on induced edema and arthritis, and on human arthritis proved the anti-inflammatory potency of the water extract of this plant. Phase I and Phase II of adjuvant induced arthritis were also inhibited. The anti-inflammatory activity of this plant resembles that of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. It also has weak antipyretic action and potentiates morphine effects
The hepato-protective effect of T. cordifolia extract has been studied in carbon tetrachloride induced liver damage in rats. While acute damage was enhanced by prior exposure to the drug, it proved effective in the prevention of fibrosis, and in stimulating regeneration in hepatic tissue.
The hypoglycemic potential of this plant has been studied, extensively. Reduction in blood sugar levels has been reported in adrenaline-induced hyperglycemia in rates, as also a favorable glucose tolerance in this rodent species on exposure to an aqueous extract of T. cordifolia.
1. Preliminary investigation of the radiosensitizing activity of guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) in tumor-bearing mice. Rao SK, Rao PS, Rao BN.Phyto Res. 2008 Nov;22(11):1482-9.PMID: 18803246 [PubMed]
2. Chemopreventive potential of an Indian medicinal plant (Tinospora cordifolia) on skin carcinogenesis in mice.Chaudhary R, Jahan S, Goyal PK.J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol.2008;27 (3):23343. PMID:1865257 [PubMed]
3.Characterisation of bhringaraj and guduchi herb by ICP-MS analysis, optical absorption, infrared and EPR spectroscopic methods.Reddy SL, Fayazuddin M, Reddy NC, Ahmad A, Reddy GS, Rao PS, Reddy BJ, Frost RL.Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2008 Nov 1;71(1):31-8. Epub 2007 Dec 26.PMID: 18280774 [PubMed]
4.Evaluation of Cytotoxic Effects of Dichloromethane Extract of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia Miers ex Hook F & THOMS) on Cultured HeLa Cells.Jagetia GC, Rao SK.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2006 Jun;3(2):267-72. Epub 2006 Apr 24.PMID: 16786058 [PubMed - in process]
5. Evaluation of the antineoplastic activity of guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) in Ehrlich ascites carcinoma bearing mice.Jagetia GC, Rao SK.Biol Pharm Bull. 2006 Mar;29(3):460-6.PMID: 16508146 [PubMed]