ARJUNA: Cardiac Tonic
Terminalia arjuna or better known as Arjuna, is a well-known medicinal plant whose bark is widely used Ayurvedic herb. Arjuna is beneficial for maintaining a healthy blood pressure. Regular intake of Arjuna helps in the balancing effect of Pitta and Kapha of the heart.
Besides being an excellent cardiac tonic, Arjuna has a number of other benefits
- Helps to maintain normal cardiac function*
- Beneficial in mental stress and nervousness*
- Assists in reducing blood pressure*
- Aids in decreasing the LDL (bad) cholesterol levels*
- Supports to lower beta-lipoprotein lipids and recovers the HDL balance*
- Use Terminalia arjuna juice with Pure Indian Gooseberry(Amla) as a cardiac tonic*
- Use Guggul with this in order to help reduce cholesterol*
No side effects have been reported.
1.Terminalia arjuna Wight & Arn.--a useful drug for cardiovascular disorders.Dwivedi S.J Ethnopharmacol.2007 Nov 1;114(2):114-29. Epub 2007 Aug 10. Review.PMID: 17875376 [Pub Med - indexed for MEDLINE]
2.Possible mechanisms of hypotension produced 70% alcoholic extract of Terminalia arjuna (L.) in anaesthetized dogs.Nammi S, Gudavalli R, Babu BS, Lodagala DS, Boini KM.BMC Complement Altern Med. 2003 Oct 16;3:5.PMID: 14561229 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
3. Antioxidant and hypocholesterolaemic effects of Terminalia arjuna tree-bark powder: a randomised placebo-controlled trial.Gupta R, Singhal S, Goyle A, Sharma VN.J Assoc Physicians India. 2001 Feb;49:231-5.PMID: 11225136 [Pub Med - indexed for MEDLINE]
4.Terminalia arjuna in cardiovascular therapy.Vaidya AB.J Assoc Physicians India. 1994 Apr;42(4):281-2. PMID: 7860542 [PubMedindexedforMEDLINE]